GED Testing Center
Listed below are the dates for TASC for the 2019-2020 school year:
JULY 20 AND 27
AUGUST 3 AND 10
SEPTEMBER 7 AND 14
OCTOBER 5 AND 19
NOVEMBER 2 AND 16
DECEMBER 7 AND 14
JANUARY 4 AND 11
FEBRUARY 1 AND 8
MARCH 14 AND 21
APRIL 4 AND 25
MAY 2 AND 9
JUNE 6 AND 13
Registration every Tuesday. Your registration must be completed in person with the TASC Testing Coordinator, Ms. Beth Coleman. Pre-registration is mandatory. You just cannot walk-in and take the tests.
The following are the eligibility criteria:
1. You must be a NJ resident
2. You must be at least 16 years of age
3. You must be officially withdrawn from school
4. You have not graduated from an accredited high school or received a high school equivalency certificate or
5. All 16 and 17 year olds must present a properly authorized Consent Form and a Certification of
Non-Enrollement in School Form. These forms must be signed by the appropriate persons and bear the
stamp or seal of the school.
6. Parent/Guardian of 16 and 17 years old must be present at registration.
WHAT IS THE COST FOR TESTING?
$92.00 for complete test battery (5 subjects) payable with Money Order
Retest fees are as follows
The retest fee is $10 per subject. Total retest fees will not exceed $40 for the complete battery of tests.
- Attend a registration session (Registration is held on Tuesdays at 5:00 by appointment only)
- Complete an application to take the exam
- Paymentin Money Order (no cash,/checks/credit at this time)
- Present Valid Identifications
- Schedule an examination (Admissions ticket is required to enter examination room)
Please note that free preparation courses are available through he East Orange Board of Education Adult Basic Skills Program. Registration is required to be a student in this program and a placement test must be taken to determine your level of proficiency. Classes are held Monday through Thursday from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. After the placement test you will be registered for classes if spaces are available.
Government Photo ID (can be any of the following) NJ Driver’s license/ driving permit/state or county issued ID Social Security Card preferred (will also accept birth certificate, valid credit card)
** If you are showing a US or foreign passport, you must also provide proof of NJ residency.
NJ Residency: Lease/Rent agreement, utility bill, bank statement, property tax receipt, federal income tax return. Documents must be current and display the applicant’s full name and NJ address.
All students must be scheduled to take the examination, prior to the test date.
Please call 973-266-5640 X 49001 and speak with:
Mr. Stephen Webb, Supervisor, Alternative/Community Ed. Programs, East Orange School District or email
Ms. Beth Coleman @ firstname.lastname@example.org